Custom node groups for creating sci-fi HUD elements

*Marked as WIP because I’ll most likely be adding many many more nodes and extra functionality to this setup :slight_smile:

I’ve created a set of geometry nodes node groups that one can combine to create complex looking HUD elements for sci-fi projects. The node groups contain exposed parameters for height and rotation animations. Multiple shapes generated by the nodegroups can be connected to the same animation to have them move together and they have an extra height input to have an offset from their group.

There are also some nodegroups with time functions for different types of animation such as linear, Sinusoidal and Sinusoidal with bounce (ping pong). All time functions also have a step value to have them snap to increments instead of having smooth animation.
The shapes generated by the node groups also contain procedural attributes such as a factor from 0-1 based on the spline factor and procedural UV’s.

The node groups are packaged into the asset browser with thumbnails for easily adding to node trees. Simply use “join geometry” to combine them together.

assetBrowser

The node trees are fairly straightforward with the freedom to make them as complex as one desires by using addition “set position” and “transform” nodes to add detail to the animation.

6 Likes

So amazing!!!

Thank you very much!

Really robust!

1 Like

Thanks! I find myself using them for other projects too besides HUDs. And combining them with other nodes to create different types of procedural models as well.

1 Like