CW Carbon Collection+ - A special shader tree for Blender

Some time ago I’ve made some experiments to create a node for tiling texture patterns in Blender. Because I like carbon materials I’ve used this topic to create a node group that can create tiled patterns - I called it the “CW TilingTool”.

The end result of my experiments is a collection of 12 carbon texture variations, called CW Carbon Collection+. The material comes with a lot of adjustable options and the uv coordinates are controlled by my TilingTool. You will find the tool as a unique node group in the node tree of the main material. If you like, you can extract the TilingTool and use it for your own materials. I would appreciate it. :slight_smile:

The CW CarbonCollection works with Blenders Cycles render engine. I’ve created the shader tree in Blender 2.79b.

A version for Blender 2.8 will be released as soon as 2.8 gets more stable and reach the beta status.

Here is a shot of the basic material options

I’ve prepared an detailed introduction for my material on YouTube:

You can get the material on gumroad and if you are a Blender Foundation supporter, then get it on Blendermarket. Here are the links:

5 Likes

Hello Blender friends!

I’ve updated my CW Carbon Collection to version 1.1.

Watch this video on YouTube for a detailed update description:

The new update includes:

• Dynamic scratch layers with mask function
    Add scratches to your material and change amount, size, rotation, bump and visibility. You can even add a custom made color mask to control the scratch areas.

• Carbon to metal function
    Switch your carbon material to a metal version and keep all patterns!

• Eevee compatibility implemented

An info for the pattern fans: This update doesn’t include new patterns. But I plan to release some more in the future. So stay tuned… 🙂

As always: The update is free for all customers who bought the previous version.

If you’re interested in the material just visit my gumroad shop:

Thank you for your support!

And here some example images for using my carbon material (Rendered in Cycles):

How did you rendered it so good? It’s sooo ckean, and I don’t k ow how you managed get a clean preview in 2.79 (the carbon material) Is there’s a way to prefiew images without having noise? I’ve been struggling alot with rendering ;<

I strongly suggest you to use the current Blender version. There you have much more options for denoising and get better results overall.