Cyberpunk Girl WIP

Working on a stylized cyberpunk girl, roughly inspired by Ghost In The Shell (S.A.C.) and Psycho Pass.

Latest Update:

Beginnings:

My plan is to do an overpaint to refine the concept and then work more on the details.

Edit: Is it still possible to link external images? The board says the image could not be loaded if I try that. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Added a holster for the gun and a scabbard for the sword. Also added them to the rig for posing, which worked surprisingly well. Will probably add some belt pouches and then start refining the design.

2 Likes

Started detailing the clothing, using a high resolution sculpting workflow, which thankfully is now an option in Blender. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

can I see wireframe of her head?

Sure. It’s all still WIP and subject to change, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More detailing…

1 Like

Finished with the hires sculpting (for now). Started blocking in some textures, and probably I will start on the lowpoly soon as well. :slight_smile:

cp-girl-scr-2020-04-05-thumb-01-web-0

2 Likes

I’ve been working on the retopo over the last few weeks, probably around 80-90% done now, excluding props. I am seeing quads everywhere now. :smiley:

I probably went a bit overboard on the level of detail, but I did not set a polycount target initially and I guess ~30k is acceptable for a 3rd person game main character. The hair was really grueling to do and took forever, as it seems to be a mess of shapes intersecting randomly, but I hope it will be worth it in the end. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really love this. At first I wanted to say, girl of cyberpunk is Cirilla :smiley: but then I looked at her face and the verticles and its so beautiful. Hats off. I mean it.

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

Worked on the materials and also applied the rig again for posing.

There was a weird bug where a large amount of vertices were not selectable anymore after entering and exiting weight paint mode, so I had to workaround by exporting to FBX and re-importing. Oh well, I suppose that’s what I get for using an unstable alpha version of Blender. :roll_eyes:

Here is my current material setup. Definitely needs some cleanup. :grin:

2 Likes

Hey there, do you mind if I ask how many lights you have in the scene as and what type they are?

Sure. I use a very simple setup with three area lights and an irradiance volume, like this. I basically have a main light, a fill light and a back light so the back side isn’t just dark.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Lighting is something I’m really struggling with right now.

Long time no update, but I finally cleaned up the material and implemented a layer system that lets me keep everything editable and non-destructive and easily bake out all of the maps for realtime use.

Then I did some testing in Unreal Engine. :slight_smile:

Next up animation, and I’m also planning on making a small level, so she does not have to stand around on a checkered plane in the black void. :smile: