Cyberpunk style lighting study

5 Likes

The wide lens and the low camera is a cool perspective. Feels like an anime coming to life.

1 Like

On the technical side, this is pretty well done. If you want to go further, I have a few suggestions.

• The scene lacks any main, central element for the viewer to focus on, something that would serve as the main topic or story and which stands out in the image. The vertical part of the image with the suspended train could act as this focus point, but the shops and the very bright ground attract the eye and almost overpower the rest of the image.

• If you really want to capture a cyberpunk feel, you could add some dirt to the shop’s signs, maybe even have some of them broken. The cyberpunk genre is usually all about the contrast between advanced technology and poverty / oppression. So, the shops at the bottom of an alley might be pretty miserable, by contrast with the big, rich towers which are well maintained (and covered in ads from the mega corporations that own them).

• The people themselves might have some futuristic elements on them. Right now, they almost look more like people from the early 1900s.

• This image could use some effects that real life cameras have:
    -bloom (use the compositor’s glare node if this is in Cycles)
    -lens distortion, in the compositor
    -depth of field (in a large scene, it will be subtle, maybe just defocused raindrops close to the camera)
    -defocused water droplets / dirt on the lens itself
    -vignette (you would have to do this one manually, maybe add it to the final image in an other program)
    Keep all those camera effects subtle. They will add lots of realism and make it seem like the image is really from a camera.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot brother!

Thanks a lot for taking the time and giving me valuable suggestions. :clap:
I will try to use these techniques from now.
Really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks a lot man! THIS MEANS A LOT :pray: :pray:

1 Like