Cycles and Internal Using the Compositor into One Rendered Image

I am really stuck right now and any help would be greatly appreciated!

So I am trying to add a smoke effect to my whole animation. I have my main scene to render in cycles and I set up a second scene to render the smoke effect in blender internal (because smoke physics do not work through cycles).

I am trying to mix the two scenes into one rendered animation using the compositor. It seems to be working and it looks fine as a still image within the compositor, but when I set it up to be rendered it is only rendering the cycles scene. I have looked and looked and I can’t seem to find the answer to my problem.

Has anyone else had to mix cycles and internal and been able to get it to render BOTH in one image? Would some sort of post processing through another software make this easier? The smoke is all I need to add.

Thank you for any suggestions!

It seems to be working and it looks fine as a still image within the compositor, but when I set it up to be rendered it is only rendering the cycles scene. I have looked and looked and I can’t seem to find the answer to my problem.
If you see the background in the compositor, this is from the selected viewer node, so not necessarily the same as the output node.

Show us what you have and preferably a link to your blend file.

Have a look Smoke Simulations into Cycles Renders over at Blender cookie.