Cycles materials not showing in rendered view/render

This project was built in BI, but I’m trying to convert for Cycles.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/29473

A couple of materials worked ok, but most don’t show up in rendered view. Renderability is fine in outliner, and I’ve tried making new materials from scratch after switching to Cycles, but still no luck.

Also tried the ‘convert all materials to cycles addon’ with no benefit.

Really got me stumped, so any help appreciated.

BTW there are mouth-objects with driven visibility/renderability, but most other objects are causing me trouble, e.g. CW_head, CW_Jacket, CW_hands, CW_body…

Yeah that was the script I mentioned above that I tried. It seemed to do its job, but I still get invisible objects/materials…

I think you need to go to the layers panel
and add environment and surface
not certain what it does
but it renders well

happy cl

Tried to help, by rendering locally i’m running latest blender 2.71 but couldnt render it either.
i added an environment texture too, no effect, enabled layers etc moved camera to same as object, changed cycles node re-aplied them . the only thing i saw was a cube that i added manually…there is something weird going on in your file…perhaps a blender version conflict ??

This is no material issue. What worked for me was:

1. Set the duplication mode for the rig to “None”:

1. Activate surfaces and environment (for the final render):

Not sure, though, what this “duplication” setting does - I’m not into rigging and animation…

should have check that !

if duplicate is set the object wont appear only the instances!

thanks

Wow thanks guys. I never would have thought of that! Not sure why the duplication setting was set, but will have to keep an eye on that…

Now back to learning cycles! (call me an early adopter…)

Checking Render Instancer Worked for me in Blender 2.8a