D. Va but RTX is enabled

My latest character, which took roughly 20 hours to create.
I sculpted the head and used Softwrap (addon) to retopologize it and add the body using my female base mesh.
I used a face scan texture from 3dscanstore and customized it in Texture painting with various custom textures to create the final look.

For the hair I used Blender’s new Hair Curves system and split the hairstyle into multiple parts and layers.

I created the suit by combining poly modeling with the solidify modifier. The workflow is super tedious and boring for me. I wonder if there’s another way to create hard surface objects like this suit with good topology that is more exciting/faster.

Feedback is always welcome. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Nice work!

This seems to me to cry out for subdivision modeling. Like here:

It takes a bit to get used to, and I have no idea how exciting you’d find it, but I found it inherently more interesting than the sometimes plodding polygon modeling workflow. (Note that I am a beginner at both, so am not particularly fast in general, but I am faster at subd modeling even though I have done more polygon modeling).

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yeah that’s my current workflow. Maybe I need to look into some hard surface addons. :slight_smile:

Oh hey, thank you. I hope you have a great weekend as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add-ons might help; they supposedly really speed things up. I’m only using ones that come with Blender at this point (BoolTool, LoopTools, etc), but various people have recommended MACHIN3Tools and JMesh Tools (free), as well as the big hitters BoxCutter and HardOps (commercial).

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Awesome work! Love the clarity of hardsurface details!

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like