Danger island

Hi, this is my first post. Hope you all like it.

27 Likes

I like the arrangement of the little islands and the light is very calming, like you would expect on a real vactaion. I don’t think it’s dangerous at all :smiley: . However the shore around the middle island looks too flat as ice or glass.
But except of this I like it very much. Keep up the good work :+1:

PS:Did you use the Denoiser? If you zoom into the image it looks likte that the details got washed away by it.

1 Like

It’s obviously one of those places with a cool name people from the suburbs go for street cred, but really it’s just a chill place to relax.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:. I use Denoiser because my laptop can’t run 500 samples or higher

Check out Sheepit if your Laptop isn’t good enough for rendering. I’ve used it several times and it’s really awesome!

2 Likes

Awesome Looking ! Keep it Up! :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

For a First Post, Great Job…
Yeah like mentioned…not what I would call Danger…at least till you notice the Sharks circling!
One thing…even Low Poly, a bit of shadowing for the underwater parts would help a great deal…make the sharks show up and ground the rocks, for example the small group center island Right side…looks like Floating Rocks… But over all, looks like a fine start, or with a bit of tweaking a final…
PS… Hope to see more from you!

2 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

I like it :slight_smile:

Is it just a simple render or a game in project ? :wink:

nice work tho !

and… btw… welcome here ! among those crazy people who make amazing things :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

Just a simple render

Been there. I don’t know if Blender’s compositor has any nodes for sharpening, but if not, maybe some sharpening in GIMP (free, open source) or Photoshop or whatever would help bring back some definition? I tried GIMP’s Q’MIC-QT Octave Sharpening on this image, and that seemed to help.

I’d post the image, but I’m not sure on the etiquette of posting unsolicited “corrections” of people’s art here. It’s a lovely image regardless.

1 Like