DangerMouse

yeah, i definitely still go with my last post: he’s not nearly as buff in the cartoon. unless you’re going for a “remake” look.

and make the nose a little less flat (on the top). he looks more chicken run than tom and jerry.

nice modelling :cool: … i wld go wid the earlier danger mouse … the one wid muscles just doesnt fit his character … dint danger mouse have some dumb sidekick ? … and that crazy car that cld fly and stuff ?:smiley:

1 Like

Did he take steroids?

Im going for the remake look as once i got to the original look, it was a very basic model so to push my modelling i made my own version.
Ive made a start on his sidekick penfold.

Attachments

Awesome idea, I got flashbacks from my childhood :cool: But I agree with the critique on his buff. He had intelligence, not just brute force. Looking forward to see the result.

i see. lookin’ good.

The buff wrecks the nostalgia for me. I mean, all I can think of is ‘loonaticz’ or something. I don’t mind a bit of muscle, but you see the original lines were much softer, try to ease up a bit on the pecs, there.

Very nice…

Blackboe , i know what you mean i have spoilt it a bit in a way , i might tone down his muscles a bit.
Heres my progress on penfold.

Attachments

I’ll say that the model and general shader work is great for what you’re going for, here. The only thing I can really say I see wrong is Penfold’s tie. It looks too… specular. I mean, I think you’re going for the slightly shiny polyester look ties have, but I dunno. If that’s the case, though, for a specular shader I’d try blinn, with a super-high spec, a really low hard (maybe around 11) and a refract of maybe 1 to 2. It’ll give you that nice low-key gloss.

This is just assuming that’s what you’re going for. If I’m wrong, sorry. /:]

Cheers for commenting blackboe, the tie material is just the yellow that i used on dangermouse. I’ve not finished modelling the rest of him yet so i just used materials i had already, only the suit material was made specificly for him but ill keep in mind your advice when i get to finalising the materials.
I havent decided yet weither to make any more characters or just go for these two on there own in a scene.

More penfold to show

Attachments

I love that little guy. The purple suit is fantastic. Are his sleeves too long on purpose?

Yea his jacket is too small for him around the waist but the arms of the jacket are too long so just his finger tips poke out, heres my ref piccy from the cartoon.

Attachments

oh yes! penfold - he’s the man! great stuff. takes me back…

cool…but u should make his arms shorter.

For those that where following my progress, the finished scene is here > http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85100