David Attenborough Presents The Spur Tailed Screamer

I’ve finally finished this (slightly overambitious) personal project!

Had a lot of fun working on it, seeing what I can squeeze out of an almost free pipeline Zbrush>Blender>Mari (non commercial)>back to Blender>Nuke(non commercial) and finally back to Blender to add the sounds and generated voice!

I filmed the shots (apart from the overhead) using my phone, then used meshrooms free photogrammetry stuff to recreate the trees to place into the Blender tracked footage for animation placement and shadow catching

All in all it’s been interesting to work on and I’m pretty happy with how it came out!

12 Likes

Impressive work!

Thanks Bart!

I love the David Attenborough nod. :smiley:

Note to self: scratch visiting woods of England from bucket list. :astonished: :rofl:

Haha! He’s a hero of mine for sure! My impression just isn’t good enough to record the voiceover myself :joy:

They’re friendly enough if you don’t go too close to their eggs though :joy:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Incredible! Thanks man!

1 Like