Dean Winchester

So I’ve been working on a rather detailed study of Jensen Ackles or Dean Winchester. Right now I’m getting him into cycles and trying to get displacement to work. Although my displacment doesnt’ seem to pick up all of the details from my zbrush sculpt. Any ideas why that may be? The displacment map is 4k x 5 maps.

I will be adding pore level details, five oclock shadow, multiple 5 udims texturing and hair.

Also whenever I gob from zbrush to blend, the model is flipped 180 degrees. Although its in the right scale.

1 Like

Some more work. Blocking in clothing and got displacement maps to work. I’m not sure if I will have to bump up to 8 k maps to have the pores show up yet.

My first SSS test. The pores seem to too strong and not uniform yet. And Not sure what is causing the green errors around the upper eyelids. Teeth may be too long too. I’m only using 4 k maps at this point.

1 Like

Getting kind of a wonky seam here. Not sure why. And no idea why I get this green junk around the eyelids. The displacements have decent padding so seams shouldn’t be a thing.

1 Like

Im having some shader issues. Im trying to create a ramp controlled transparent sclera. It seems to work to a degree in the viewpoint cycles shader but does not work at render time. Any idea why this is?

I had the iris disabled for rendering. I sculpted and uved the teeth and gums. I just added a voronoi precedural for micro skin deformation which finally made the skin look not plastic!

1 Like