Death Before Decaf

Hey all!

I’ve been learning more about grease pencil and have really fallen in love with the line art modifier. This image is a testament to that, with lots and lots of line art modifiers per object, which are in their own collections (when there are multiple) to better control the contour on the line art. All of this was done in Blender, and I got to model a skeleton arm (and rig) which was a lot of fun. All in all this was just a silly idea that I ended up spending maybe 2 weeks on.

I came up with two variations in the end, both of which I think work pretty well. Any opinions are welcome!

Var 1:

Var 2:

Here are a couple renders of the viewport for some insight into the grease pencil used and sculpting of objects:

Mat:

X-ray:

Thanks for reading, and happy Halloween!

6 Likes

That’s a message I can get behind! :coffee:

1 Like

Thanks Karl! Yeah, funnily enough, this last week since I’ve been spending more time on this piece and drinking lots of coffee, I’ve started to consider purchasing some decaf so that I can continue to drink ‘coffee’ all day long–ha! We’ll see if it pans out, as I’ve never had ‘craft’ decaf before, but that’s the route I think I’ll have to go if I want the taste!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart! You have a great weekend as well!

1 Like