Deckard's bathroom Blade Runner

Based on Syd Mead’s concept for Deckard’s bathroom in Blade runner. This model was my way of putting my intermediate skills to the test and learn new techniques by modelling something I hadn’t done before and force myself to get it done.

Here’s the concept art I followed.

40 Likes

Looks great! I don’t remember a bathroom scene, but I’m sure it would look very much like this, a great contrast to the warmer blocky living room area.

I think he’s in the kitchen when rinsing the blood out of his mouth, maybe bathroom?

Edit: ah I reread and see the “from Syd Meads concept.”

I’ll have to check out Syd’s concept work for the film now.

Hi,
Thanks! They did film scenes in a bathroom similar to this one, but they don’t look very good. You can find images if you look about but yeah they must have opted to use other parts of the set. The blood swirling in the shot glass always stuck with me when Deckard cleaned himself up.

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll look for the alternate set photos. I’m a fan of the film too.

there the future bathroom :smirk:

I found these, I remember seeing better ones somewhere of the set, but the sink and wall layout are similar if dressed differently.

1 Like

Hi,
Ha Ha it is indeed! don’t ask me what half of the stuff in the bathroom is, I couldn’t say for sure half elevator, half pay phone and an exercise bench??

Oh cool. I think I remember this angle for the shots used in the film. I probably just assumed it was still a kitchen shot being that the bathroom looks like a walk through/pass through from the living room to bedroom.

Yeah, you match up the stainless steal area of the second photo pretty well.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Hi bartv
Thank you so much! I appreciate the help you have given me, the support and responses from other artists have been excellent.
Have a great weekend too :smiley:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Why is it so dark? The concept is lighter.

Amazing work! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hi Korsu
Thanks for the feedback, honestly it’s partly artist interpretation due to the fact that the reflectivity of the surfaces when adjusting for roughness and metallic settings meant it looked too washed out or had a mirror finish that was too reflective. Also in another way I felt that it better represents the oppressive utilitarian feel of Deckard’s apartment and the dark look of the film :grinning:

Hi chuckcg
Thank you :grin:

Man loved the color scheme!

1 Like

Hi redoy.rajoan
Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like