Default cube animation

I found an interesting default cube animation on YouTube. Wondering how difficult it is to create one like this

I think I can make the cube move like that. But the hot appearance and sparks are beyond my skills at the moment. Thanks.

1 Like

I made some progress. Maybe I should use particles for the sparks. But not sure how to do that

First off, I don’t think the cube’s motion in the video in your first post is correct. I would need to slow down the video to be sure. To me, it looks like the cube is spinning and moving to the right at the start of the video. Then, when the cube hits the surface, it looks like the cube bounces/rotates to the left. It should continue to bounce & roll to the right because of inertia. It’s that whole ‘A body in motion tends to stay in motion’ thing a teacher was blabbering on about as you doodled in your note book…

Most people wouldn’t notice that. You got spinning, bouncing and sparks flying, lots of eye candy.

Anyway, to make that yourself, I would suggest doing a few bouncing ball animation exercises. Learn how to get a ball to bounce first, then change it up to a spinning box.

The sparks and stuff, yes particle systems can handle that.

The glows and the colors of the edges of the cube and the sparks was probably extra post processing work to get the glows that bright, but don’t quote me on that. Everything is post processed…

I would focus on animation first.

Randy