Deforming bones straech model when moved.

Whenever I drag my model’s bones away from the model is stretches it and really, really deforms it. I’ve animated it just fine. This only happens when I try to move all mesh in object mode. When I select the bones (in object mode), and move them, the whole character moves just fine

It seems as though my meshes are folowing the bones, instead of the bones folowing the mesh. This also happens when I load it and try to move it in Unity 3D.

I can’t figure out what’s wrong? Could it be a parenting problem?

Thanks for the help!

-Tetra

That is just the way it works. Why do you need to move the mesh-object? You should really just move the armature (which should in most cases be the parent of the mesh-object, and seems to be in your case).

It seems as though my meshes are folowing the bones, instead of the bones folowing the mesh. This also happens when I load it and try to move it in Unity 3D.

I’m not sure if i understand what you mean. The mesh is meant to follow the bones, not the other way around. So if you want the mesh to move, you grab the bones.

Okay, so that’s normal? Thanks, I was worried I would have to re-do my whole character! I’ll try asking on the Unity site why my model is being messed up once it’s imported. Thank you SO much for the answer!
-Tetra