Delay between different Animations

Alright, here goes. Once again, my apologies if this has been answered a thousand times before.

I have a character set up and surrounding all of the characters body parts are cylinders that are used to detect hits. This way the character will play a different animation depending on where he is hit (grabs his head if he’s hit in the head, ect. What I’m trying to do now is set it up so that if he is hit, the animation will play, but while the animation is playing, no other animations will play. I don’t want him to be able to move either. HOWEVER, I still want hits to register, I just don’t want any animations to play while the current one is playing. So I guess what I’m saying is I need a way to disable the actuators until the animation has finished. I hope all that makes sense.

BDC

I can’t answer you directly, but I think you should take a look at Cray’s 3rd person template. Somewhere in the movement script, he explains how to set a timer to prevent interference with the animation.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

-Thomas

Hi,

you should take a look at the states system.
When triggered :

• move to the player “hurt state”
  • play animation
  • use a Delay sensor / timer property / a property in the frame field of the actuator to check the end of the animation
  • and then switch back to the main state.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the mention, Thomas.

I downloaded your template but I couldn’t find anything about a state system. Do you think you could be more specific?