Delay follow bone?

Howdy.

I’m trying to fig an office chair. Simple, right? I hope so. :wink:

I’m trying to make it a “smart” rig, by having a “base bone” and then a “follow bone”, the following one lagging behind the base in movement. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’m thinking I’m stuck writing a script for it, but before I set off down that path, I thought I’d ask.

Maybe you could use something like a hierarchy of Emptys parented to one another. Then apply Slow Parent to the Emptys and have the individual bones track the Empty.
I don’t believe that there is currently a slow parent feature for bones; maybe I’m wrong?
Not quite sure what you’re trying to do; have the seat glide up and down, or maybe the chair’s back lag the rest of the chair’s movement a bit?

Actually, it’s solely for the wheels. Move the base one way, and the lag bone follows it a few frames later. The wheels rotated to the lag bone. Call me lazy. :wink:

But yeah, this could apply to a LOT of lag bone situations I’ve thought of. Thanks, I’ll give what you mentioned a shot. :slight_smile:

It worked pretty well! :slight_smile:

This really should be a constraint for the bones, though. I’ll have to see if I can find it there.

Thanks again!