Demolisher Robot

OK, it’s taken me some time, but I finally was able to design and model a new hip for the robot. Here it is:

I think it now looks more like the real thing.

Help and feedback are very much appreciated!

Greetings,
Richard :slight_smile:

OK, here’s part of the leg:

Hope you like it! Keep commenting! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

OK, while modeling the leg, I decided I’d strat assembling some parts, so eher’s the main body (without the head and the legs, as these two are still to be finished ;))

Hope you like it! Please, keep commenting.

Greetings,

Sweet, with all the parts put together like that it looks awesome! You will probably have to add some armor around the joints, because going by the title it’s a fighting bot, and one hit to any of those joints would at least knock that limb off. But, other than that it’s going great.

And, going back to that nose…maybe if you continued that thing coming down the forehead right down to where the nose would end. It’s your robot though, put your style into it, not mine.

Thanks!

You know, I’ll actually follow your advice on the nose, I like the idea… As far as the joints are concerned, they are supposed to be joint by a very powerful magnetic field (I’ll have to research on how to make the sparks).

Either way, I realized that the thigh I had modeled had way too much of a different style from the hip, so I remade it completely, and modeled the whole leg afterwards. Here are the results:

Hope you like it! :slight_smile: Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Greetings,

Ah, magnetic fields, the same thing they use to make 8’ movie screens out of water vapor, lol.

I like the new leg much better, this things getting a lot better with each post. I can’t wait until you texture this thing.

OK, I’ve taken my time, but I finally came to design the nose (after considering very many other unsuitable options), so here’s the render (NOTE: I took subsurf away because it would be imposible for me to render the whole body with it on, so I figured I might as well do it sooner)

Hope you like it!; please keep commenting.

OK, the modeling’s done with, so now comes texturing, rigging, modeling a basic surrounding, and then comes the final render!

Greetings,
Richard

EDIT: Btw; the nose is a wind-powered generator; the robot breathes, like as, only that instead of using the oxygen’s combustion properties, it uses its movement to generate his energy. :wink:

I’ve been really busy lately; but I finally found enough empty space in my agenda so as to texture the robot:

Hope you like it! Please, provide me with C&C!

Greetings,

looks great, my only critique is the hands/claws are pretty puny looking for a robot that fierce looking, too small in my opinion. also i can barley see them in all that detail, might move them up or somthing. i’m assuming this is just a temporary scene.

Hmm… I feel the same about the hands; I’ll fix right now!!!

As for the scenery, yes, it’s just temporary, I’ll put lot’s of enviroment in, and it’ll look completely different.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

As promised, here’s the updated robot, with bigger hands (the scenery will take some time :P)

Hope you like it!

Pretty nice, but he looks extremely flat. Especially the abdomen part.

Hmm… You may be right, but correcting that would mean a complete redesign of it all, which would be pointless with the scene almost finished, but I’ll keep that in mind for my nest robot project.

lot better, not sure about the red dashes on his pectorals, but your the artists.

I thought of making the dashes grey, but, to me, it would look too plain thus; that’s why I’ve made them red.

Oh, and, here’s a little update; I’m starting to model the scenery, and her’s the first object:

Hope you like it! Keep the C&C coming!

Greetings,
Richard

Scenery Object N°2, a Container:

Hope you like it! :wink:

Greetings,