Desk in progress - need criticism

Thanks Freethinker,
It really helped with the wood, ill post pics when i get all this lighting figured out

I posted the lighting setup. can anyone help?

What type of light is the desklamp, is it a spot or a point? If it’s a point, see if the sphere of influence is too small to cover the desk if the energy is high. Pictures of each of the light panels might help illuminate the situation :wink:

Oh, now that was turrible. Just turrible! I suggest using spots instead of points. I rarely (only used once) use point lamps. They simply don’t get the job done, and don’t have shiny features like Halo :wink:

Ya they were points, but even when i changed them to spots it didn’t change anything.

Here are some pics

Attachments

Just wanna comment on the point lamp versus spot lamps. They are different light used for different things, to say that point lamps aren’t worth using is just incorrect. For this scene I personally would use either 2 point lamps or a spot and a point based on what look is desired from the lamp on the desk. There are many many situations where omnidirectional light is the better choice, it’s just whatever the scene calls for.