Desktop

Hi,simbadinuk and blenditall,

Thank you for the sample, your proposal.
I agree that the scene is good. That is one option.
If I don’t use this image for other purpose, I would take your proposal.

Thanks,

the problem with the angle is the fact that it isn’t all that realistic. it’s realy hard for a normal human being to get such an angle.

Jacco;

hey, u got a very cool keyboard.

cheers.

Yeah, the angle hurts my neck. Why is it you MUST have this angle (though I don’t like the other angle suggested either, cuz it feels like he is crouching and laying his ear on the desk)

well, i like the angle…and u did say u are using it for something special.

but i do agree with NodeRanger…it’s too perfect, and therefore fake (well, atleast to most of us; maybe u should just dirty your desk up a bit and then it will match!).

that and the distance focus thing seems a little too abrupt on the python book.

otherwise, awesome!

that was a gr8 job…the table and chair texture r just right. just one thing…u should write a tut for that keyboard left me:eek:…
chela69

I agree with everything chela69 said. It is defiantly a brilliant peace, and you should make a tut for the keyboard!

Nice Blender key. I need one, one that works in both Linux and Windows.

Hi,

I was surprised that so many pointed out the angle…
Putting my plan of using the angle, I test-rendered in different angle as below.

henrymop,
The special blender key is what we need:D

chela69, Jagji56
Umm…, I can’t. But the model is very simple. I think that it is not difficult.
And you apply a texture in UV one by one.
You can make it.

http://wbs.nsf.tc/BlenderPost/test_desk.jpg
Please ignore the harness. (because this is test.)

Thank you!

:(:cool:hey man…
we are newbies and dont know uvmapping and stuff…thats why we asked. anyways that angle is better from a sitting point of view:)
chela69

i like the first angle…i don’t know why everyone wants stereotypical angles. i thought the angle made urs different from every other desktop scene and only added to ur excellent models.

and don’t get frustrated about uv mapping stuff guys…there are tutorials out there and like everything else it takes practice.

I agree with theblenderboy. The first angle was better, I think.
It had a special feeling to it which can’t be emulated with a standard straight view angle.
Excellent work at any rate!

theblenderboy, Charlesworth999,

Thank you for saying that and agree with me.
As I first mentioned, the output has a purpose. My work is not finished by just rendering the image.
So, I don’t want throw it into a trash. I use it. But second image can be used in other purpose.
So, I can use it in other purpose.

chela69,
You have to read all the articles of UV in blender.org and this site.
There are so many excellent articles and posts.
You can find a solution.

I like the first image more, but they’re both good

The second looks like pretty much every other render of a desk I’ve seen, while the first was interesting, because the view was irregular and special, even though the items on the desk were the same. If people don’t like it, chances are, that it’s just because it’s not what they’re used to.

First image hurts the eye a bit. Second one is like from add
buy this new workstation, it ain´t bad but you aren´t selling
that computer. However, i would keep the first render as
final peace.