Deuce Wild

Great work again! Congrats on the feature! :slight_smile:

While a masterpiece somehow the second render feels as a render not a photo. (and that was your goal) so…
i think it might improve with adjusment in field of depth.
As both front and rear wheals are super sharp and dont match the unsharpness of the background picture.
Also adjusting the gamma of the render a bit, so that it feels like a - little, little - bit less contrast.

Very nice, next to perfect modelling. Could use some DoF and dirt. :slight_smile:

Nice work Rance. That’s two submissions and both featured either here or on the Blender Cookie site. That really takes some doing and must be the same odds as winning the lottery!. Are you by any chance the Ubisoft Rance Brown ?. It’s a shame there are no cash prizes for the featured artists as such outstanding work deserves cash compensation.

Thank you very much Vicky!

Thanks Razorblade, I definitely appreciate the critique and suggestions. That artistic eye is something I need to try and develop.

Thank you Blenderwelder! The DoF is something I’ve briefly experimented with but will try and implement that in future renders.

I’m not the Ubisoft Rance Brown, I don’t know him or even of him. I don’t think the staff randomly pulls features out of a hat. If you have an issue with their selection process take it up with them.

Of course Wes doesn’t pick the featured art out of a hat as he has a much more scientific method but my point was meant to be complimentary Rance rather than confrontational.

To have achieved two consecutive featured picks means you are one in 4 million (a huge compliment to your skills). Thats the odds.
So please do not take offence at what was meant to be a compliment.

I’m sure the famous artist Rance Brown of Ubisoft would be glad to have produced your work (another compliment Rance…) even though you have never heard of him.

Do you have a portfolio of work before July 2014 that could be shared ?.

I am sure it would be inspirational to those less talented (thats me!) still trying to make it into this CG Cookie Inc. elite group of ‘featured’ artists.

I’m sorry Jay. I definitely misunderstood your post. I apologize for that. Thank you for the clarification of what you meant, and thank you for the compliments.

I don’t have a portfolio other than my DA page. Those are the only two projects I’ve done, other than tutorials. Even the Apache was mostly from a tutorial so this is really my first solo.

I don’t think I’m much of an artist and certainly not an elite one. My passion is with cars and bikes and mechanical things and Blender is a wonderful creative outlet for that passion.

Thank you again and I hope you accept my apology.

Just wanted to say that I relate 100% with what you said, or at least in the beginning I did. Now Blender has kinda become a thing of its own.

Hi Rance
Glad we cleared that up !. Thanks for your apology which of course I accept…

Take a look at these autos in Jay Lenos garage - http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage
An incredible collection and lots of major inspirations here for all of us.

People need to stop posting photographs and saying they rendered it.

LOL Amazing work, man!!! Wow a lot of work must have gone into this… Appreciate the details and love put into this one. 5*

I agree. The model and lighting leave nothing to be desired. The only reason I can spot that it’s a render when looking for it is that it’s so clean. In real life there would be some small pebbles in the tire treads, fingerprint smears on the chrome, etc. A bunch of small details that all add up to equal the “look” that we are used to seeing in the real world. And this is absolutely the hardest thing to recreate when going for photorealism because there’s not just one thing you can add that will solve this. It’s a billion little things that you could spend months or years adding. It’s tedious and boring work to add the miniscule dust and dirt we are used to seeing in the real world and I think in the future someone will bridge the gap between CG and reality more using technology (types of auto-generated dirt and wear) rather than meticulous and CPU-heavy particle system placement or additional layers of time-consuming hand-texturing.

All those thoughts aside, fantastic work Rance Brown! Seriously, it is really close to reality and it’s gorgeous. You made me want one and I’m not even into cars.

He sure does have an amazing collection of cars and bikes, one of the best in the world. He has a video of the 32 Ford Roadster that they used for the postage stamp on his site, really interesting, at least to me.

Thanks for the link Jay, have a great one!

Thank you bossestrenders! Yeah it was a lot of work and it took me a long time but mostly just because I’m not that proficient yet with Blender but I hold the 32 Coupe in really high regard so that was motivation to learn what I had to and implement it into this project. Thank you again!

Thank you Quantum Anomaly! Those are all great points. I know watching tutorials they often talk about the difficulty of the human face because it’s something we see every day, I think cars must fall closely behind faces in terms of reality and things just not looking quite right due to our familiarity with them. Thanks again!

My man Rance on the top row again!:yes: This is pretty awesome! As dns_di said, this could use a bit of wear down. oh my! Keep em sexy rides coming!

just love it :slight_smile:

Thanks MegaEfDee! I will try!