Developer Meeting Notes

Well in my case, I have some layouts where I have the image editor/render window as 1 of 4 quadrants, for example. That’s the only layout where I would want to use it as part of the image editor and not a separate window. Everywhere else I would prefer it in the single window that i have on a 2nd monitor open at all times. It’s a pain now to switch back and forth. I do understand I’m in the minority.

2 Likes

Hi, you are not alone, I use floating window often for shader on a 2nd monitor and if I render it change to render window.
I change to image editor view for this, if I close the window I have to change back.
Had it in Quick Favorites but now it is gone. :grimacing:
May I put it in Window menu instead of Render menu but a preference???

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Workflow, man, workflow… Things are not static. :wink:

1 Like

All this unnecessary complexity in the flow is making everything slooower… you know - just like turbulence :wink: then, it’s gonna get deeper and wider… and there is where the monster lurks :japanese_ogre:

I hope they integrate better the bake options to use them as mask too, now it is a little hard

smart materials would be really hard to integrate, it requieres lots of presets and it is one of the bigers selling points from Substance Painter

For those who would like to get the render display setting back into the menus, I made myself a quick fix to get access to the preference setting without having to open them all the time. Have a look if you like.

1 Like

Thank you Sanne, replied to the other thread.

Cheers, mib

Anyone here who knows how to access the Transform Origin option that was added in 2.81? Trying to find it in the place that was shown weeks ago in the Transform Orientations panel, but I can’t find it there anymore. Some help would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Options menu, on the far right…

1 Like

4 Likes

Bad UI, man, bad UI.

3 Likes

They should put the 3d cursor there too.

You can transform the 3D Cursor the same way now too? Where? :open_mouth:

LOL…
But yeah, I agree, I even suggested a fix, but no luck…

1 Like

That mock-up makes a lot more sense. They really should do something similar with a bunch of the menu pop-up options in Sculpt Mode too. Great job! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not possible yet, just wish we could manipulate the 3d cursor the same way too

3 Likes

Great mockup! Your suggestion is fairly new, so I hope they take notice and implement it at some point.

Hey wasn’t it you advocating the use of options panel in the property area??

shortcut CTRL + .

1 Like

That could not be for those options.
Object mode had no option at all before this choice.