Did you know that Edward Snowden is using Blender?

I never thought I would see this interaction, now what he’s using it for :thinking:.

https://twitter.com/tonroosendaal/status/1416870692113555459

3 Likes

Wow, now that’s publicity lol. I’m curious what he uses Blender for as well !

Man, that’s some great publicity for Blender, not that Blender needs any publicity :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I don’t have many heros, but Snowden is certainly one of mine and stuff like this only serves to make those like myself feel even better about our beliefs in FOSS, why nothing less will do, and why looking like a ‘Tin Hat’ is always worth it to protect others no matter how much hate you get for it.

Way to go, Snowden, you the man :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Modeling a whistle?

6 Likes

That’s a good one :joy:

Does he have an account here?
Hey Edward, should we be spooked?

2 Likes

I’d love to help him troubleshoot a minecraft rig
@Richard_Culver :joy:

Maybe he’s just making artwork as a hobby? I’m sure even people like Snowden have hobbies, and I guess he can’t move around as freely as most folk, so it’s not out of the question he would use some of his time to make 3d art.

Having said that, it does seem hard to believe he would do anything as prosaic as make 3d art, draw pictures, write fiction or whatever given his status :slight_smile:

I hadn’t considered this ! I can only imagine him being under constant pressure given his status of refugee,… and making art is soothing. It’s true we tend to forget these are people just like us, even though they’re arguably heroes…

Is he a noob, then?!

…and lol

Capture