Difference in Render from Unreal to Blender

I have camera and other fbx mesh exported from Unreal and imported to Blender.

I have some particle effects that I want to render in blender and then later composite on top of the Unreal render. (something like this)

Except that the render coming out from Blender has a different placement.

The yellow dot and the glow ball should’ve been at the same place.

We have rechecked the camera, the placement of the meshes - everything is where it should be. We’ve also tweaked focal length - when you turn off focal length, the output looks very different but it still doesn’t fix the placement issue.

Have muted focal length on unreal and fixed focal length as 24 (the starting point) on blender. As mentioned before, the yellow dot and the glow ball should’ve been at the same place. They are still different.

So, I’m not quite sure if camera focal length is the issue or not.

Any ideas why this might happen?

They are two different program and workflows are different. You can not take same result with same workflow. You must learn Blender Eevee workflow firstly.

1 Like

Sometimes different 3D software just use different “sensor sizes” for the camera… some do orientate on horizontal some on vertical orientation…
…so in general it’s not that easy to match some correctly…

…also the exporter of the one and the importer of the other do have their influence…

So i guess you have to search for something like:

…or somethign newer and check if this apply to your versions of Unreal and Blender…

1 Like

I found no issues when exporting cameras from Unreal to Blender, so i figure two situations:

Are there more cameras in your Blender scene? Maybe the active camera is not the same as in your Unreal scene.

Or

Is your camera Sequence animated in Unreal? File>Export in Unreal won´t export the sequence, it will export the Camera Actor and its position in the level that maybe is not the same that the animated position.
Export the Camera animation from the Sequence Editor (wrench icon) and merge the two exports in Blender (making the animated camera the current camera).

Hope this helps

1 Like

So, this issue is solved. Thank you all so much for your responses.

We did two things:

1. During export from Level Sequencer, we changed the FBX Export compatibility from 2013 to 2020. And turned off all checkboxes except “Export Local Time.” Not sure how much it helped.

2. Also when the exported FBX camera from Unreal is imported to Blender, there’s a glitch that happens wrt to focal length - in Unreal, the focal length from a to b was keyframed to go from 24 to 12.5 and remain there. But in Blender, the focal length from a to b was keyframed to go from 24 to 12.5 and then towards 1.

Fixing these two issues, brought my camera to normal.