Digital Human animation preview in Blender eevee is very slow, 2fps

We are rendering digital human avatar in Blender and testing using the animation preview in Blender eevee.
We found that with Blender particle/curve hair, the preview is very slow, like 2fps.

I’m wondering why because the eevee is a rasterization engine, like Unreal or Unity.
Is there any approach to increase the FPS in Blender preview rendering?

Welcome to BA :slight_smile:

Eevee is not a game engine and will not give you the same performance as one. What you’re seeing is honestly not that out of the norm for older hardware + particles + animation.

A few things to try- turn off all your subdivision modifiers. Preview in solid view, not rendered view. Hide all lights and any geometry except for the character

1 Like

I wish it was… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many of the optimizations that work in a game engine do not work in a DCC app like Blender, according to people more familiar with this subject than I.

Eevee is currently undergoing a rewrite however, and once complete there should be a performance boost.

1 Like

Back in days there was game engine inside blender, and it was realtime. Also blender devs promised to replace bge(blender game engine) with so called Interactive Mode - realtime engine with some logic system inside to be interactive. Tho they removed bge and didn’t implemented anything instead. So we stuck with what we got - no realtime at all…

There’s an existing topic:

That this discussion would be better suited for. Please keep the replies on this topic focused on answering, or attempting to answer, OP’s question about animation performance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for then quick answer, we already turn off the subdiv and show only a avatar model. We can not use the solid mode because we want to do a interactive demo with good rendering. I will check the thread you shared, and thank you for the answering again.

1 Like