dimensional control

hey guys, prob im an idiot!! never-the-less here it is…
can i create surfaces (nerbs or otherwise) that i can build/control dimensionally??.. i might want to render a kitchen for example…

oh and when i import from elsewhere the size is oh so large!! actually i had to reduce from 10,000mm (real life room set) to 100mm in scale to fit the camera and default lighting etc …whats that??.. a 100x reduction!! is that normal to work in micro scale??

brilliant renderer so far though!!

pps… any ideas on the best translator from rhino3d??

(’:D’)

There is no such thing as scale in 3d… it’s all relative. Or basicly one thing is only a certain size relative to another object. And yeah so it may well be that other 3d apps use a different “scale”. It’s nothing to worry about. You’re not working in a miniature… those don’t really exist :wink:

Blender can be used for dimensioning. Just use ‘Blender Units’.
1 Blender Unit = whatever you want
It can be 1 inch, 1 meter, 1 light year. Just be consistent on the measurements. You can always zoom in and out to work on detailed items.

If you were doing a room like a kitchen, 1 Blender unit = 1 foot would probably work well.

thanks guys
ill look into the blender!! (units)
i was thinking overnight that the smaller scale of objects is better suited to mapping hi-res textures and the like?