Dino - ROOOOAG

A funny experiment from the orignal concept of illustrator and friend Fabio Santomauro
Sculpted and rendered with 2.81a :slight_smile:

47 Likes

I love the style - it really feels like clay!

@Metin_Seven check it out, I think you’ll enjoy this.

3 Likes

Love it! I already saw and liked it on Twitter. :heart:

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Cool style!

This thing looks like a glitch:
Снимок экрана от 2019-12-14 15-09-13

Hi. Nope. It’s overpainted

featured ?
wow ^^ okay… i’m just unable to make anything similar and tbh i’m happy this gets featured :slight_smile:
but… seriously… compared to the previous : sandwich demon or even the next: danger island…

look like you compare your kids drawing to a Dali painting ^^

Anyway… i like @LucaDiCecca 's work :slight_smile:
i LIKE… :wink:

Happy blending !

1 Like

This looks fantastic!

I am getting serious claymation vibes ala Wallace & Gromit / Nightmare Before Christmas / etc

The eyes feel a bit out a place to me, and the scales/spikes seem super shiny like they are wet… but all in, I really like it. Has my gears turning as to how to achieve a clay look now. :slight_smile:

hi, thanks for feedback. :slight_smile: I agree with u

Hi,
Thanks for feedbacks.
I really don’ tknow if in the art there is a complexity scale mesaurement. Of course Ian Hubert’s artwork it’s a masterpece an it is super complex. But I dont think that complexity scene it’s the only way to judge an artwork. @bartv, what do u think?

2 Likes

I featured it, didn’t I? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly @LucaDiCecca i cannot disagree with you and to be totally honest i’m not able to judge and ‘classify’ art in a matter of good or bad.

Though i like the thing, just like i like my kids drawing, i look at things in a comparison manner ( wich is probably in the art world, the wrong way ) my first thought was: why has this pic been featured ?
I surely reacted too fast as… animate this dino, make it speak and bring it to life and i’ll love it as i love chicken run :wink:

Sorry if i offended you as i know what each vert, face, nodes and texturing asks to blender users…
And indeed your render asked much. And as i previously said, i’m just unable to do quickly what you did as am not an artist nor a professionnal. I just reacted comparing with other featured pics.

Anyway keep up the work :slight_smile: and as @bartv said… he featured it :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy blending !

and also @Merritt: welcome here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
On Blendernation you can find an in depth behind the scenes of this artwork.
:slight_smile:

1 Like