Dinosaur

I am trying to make a dinosaur, but I don’t quite think it looks good enough, but I can’t figure out what is missing (aside from texturing).

Could anyone give me some tips on how to improve my dinosaur? It is supposed to be a t-rex. I don’t know, but the head seems a bit off, but I can’t point exactly where it goes wrong. Can anyone help me out here? Also help with improving skin folds would be appreciated.

EDIT: Latest changes:

Hey there!

About the head - I think the bit of skin that connects the jaw to the upper mouth goes a bit too far out, you should recede it a bit.
The other thing I noticed is the position of the eyes, it doesn’t seem quite right. They should be a bit higher up, and also keep in mind that T.rex had forward facing eyes. The last thing I would mention is that the skull seems a bit shrinkwrapped - i.e. it’s as if there is some flesh missing between the skull and the skin, makes it look really skinny. But that’s up to you if you like the aesthetics better and are not aiming for accuracy.

Here are a few good reference pics from the game ‘Saurian’.

And here’s a frontal head reference:

Hope that helps!

Better now?

Yes, much better now!! Great job :slight_smile:

Which one do you think is the most realistic? The above I just posted, or this one:

How can I make it more realistic?

I think the one in post #3 is the best by far. I see you posted an update about two days ago, but I would suggest reverting to the revision from #3 on the 4th.

Thanks. I made a combination of the two.

This is my update: