disappearing curve

I created a curve object and extruded it along a path using the BEV tool. Then, when I convert it to a mesh it disappears. Any idea why this happens?

ak,

I couldn’t find anything in the wiki or in my trusty Blender 2.3 guide. The only thing that is mentioned is the converting to a mesh is a one way operation. As a guess, I would say that a curve that is extruded acts as a history mechanism - modify the curve and the surface that it defines is modified. Once you convert this to a mesh, the curve has no meaning, and is deleted. If you wanted to keep the curve, the only thing I can think of is to copy it before converting.

There is also the option of using the curve modifier if it would suit your needs. When you “Apply” the curve modifier, the curve itself is not deleted.

Thx for your reply OBI_Ron. But the problem is that the whole piece disappears and nothing is left behind, no curve, no mesh, nothing. I have done this successfully in the past so I can’t figure out why it’s not working now. But I will not give up. There is a reason this is happening, I just need to find it.

ak,

My misunderstanding - can you post a blend file for me to look at?