Discovering MB_lab and being stuck

New to Blender and MB lab, I’d love to learn, but at the beginning its really overwhelming and discouraging, especially if you don’t have anybody to ask simple questions. Hopefully some of you fine folks are willing to help a noob out and bring some light into the dark.

Here are some dead ends I’m currently stuck in. Any advise how to get out is appreciated.

1.) So I create a character and finalise. In pose mode I got to the pose library while having armature active, but its empty. There is „Shader NodetreeAction.001“ (?) etc, but I can’t find any poses at all in the dropdown. Are they located elsewhere?

1. Same goes for hair. I’m asked to give a location for the library, I assume its Hair_data, but no hair to choose. (The particle hair seems way too complicated for a beginner like me) How can I add simple, basic hair?

Is MB lab actually recommended by the community? Or is there a different tool to create characters? I found downloadable characters with rigs, but creating from scratch is more interesting? Is MBlab the right tool for this? (Im on Big Sur, so unfortunately Daz isn’t an option)