Distributed raytracing update! <-- WIN32 & LINUX BUIL

I thought I saw blurry reflection/refraction in some of the test images.

The funny thing is that I recently tried to create frosted plastic a few weeks ago by cycling the IRO value with motion blur on. It turned out okay. I guess the developers have the same features in mind that I do :).

Oh I’m sooo silly!

the patch worked smoothly, back in sunday, but I thought there was a problem with it because blurry settings for materials didn’t show… until today I read that blurry materials simply weren’t coded yet :wink:

So I could have sent it to you earlier… I’m such an idiot %|

Sorry for the incovenience!

Oh! by the way, it works like a charm, execpt it’s pretty slow and grainy even with max samples… no speed up possible?

Keep it up!

Dani

What are the best custom Blender distros out there right now? Any better than the actual Blender Foundation’s?

im looking into the hemilight bug… apparantly i was being really lazy and stupid… it will be fixed it the next patch

I found a small bug in lamp buttons… when you set a point lamp on ray shadows and turn “soft” on then turn off “rayshadows” and render the scene, the point light will generate noise, like it still is sampling, this is why i thought it was giving a lot of noise. I have to turn “rayshadows” again, turn off “soft” and turn off rayshadow to get rid of the noise…

(why am i doing all this? I use two lamp sets… one for diffuse and specular only (very quick) and another for shadows only)

Dani

I’m continuing my bugtracking…

There is another bug on render.

There’s a chromatic change between a normal spot light and a ray-soft spot light for the same color setting.

investigated further… the blue component seems to be altered by the patch.

Dani

Maybe a silly question but I for some reason thought you could do DOF with distray… but can’t find the function? Or am I dreaming? :wink:

well its a dream for now. :slight_smile:

V 0.2 of the patch will be here by 23:59 on wednesday with all good luck.

ARGH!! stupid errors :< make that saturday :<

[quote=“levon”]

i dont think blury reflections and refractions are in distray yet.[/quote]

Blurry refractions are in the old distray build I have, but I can’t find them in the new one either?

They are really lovely though. So I’m hoping they’ll be back. and as I posted on blender.org… the latest build I found is a bit unsteady. it crashes a bit.