Dithered look on compositor

This might be a silly request but can somebody demonstrate this with nodes? I tried to do it on the compositor but I am pretty new to Blender and English is not my first language, so it was hard to understand it even with a translator. I would be so happy if anyone could do it on the compositor and show the final result of the nodes. I believe it is for Eevee. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Note: I just want to copy exactly what the comment says. That’s all. I still don’t know how to work with nodes well so I am looking for a demonstration only.

1 Like

There’s another way to add dither. Use two Lens Distortion node, one with Jitter enable, add a mix node to control opacity. Keep Distortion and Dispersion at zero value.

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much! :slight_smile: It looks really nice but it is not exactly what I am looking for. The comment I attached was referring to an effect that looks like this →

I was asking for a demonstration on the compositor since I am having a hard time to mimic it, confused with how to work with the nodes. However, thank you so much for the advice. This one could be useful for my future works.

I don’t know if you’re looking for the same way as the video. Pixel Art

Try this setup, but it’s a pixelation effect. Lower values will be more pixelated.

Technically (seeing the other post with the box) you seems to means quantization… retrict the number of color used to the best fit… this is also the first step before dithering (see figure 2)…

The comment you gave seem to be not from BA ? (even if it seems to be that the users is also registered here with the same avatar but no post at all ??)… and there seems to be some *“Read more” …

Anyway: i think the user means something like this…

I don’t know how the control via the HSV node should be used or is meant to be…

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you so much. That was actually the whole comment and I was having a hard time with understanding it.

Thank you so much for the help. I appreciate it.