DJ Unknown - Android Repair Service - Episode 08 - Kirsten

Back in the city, we catch up with Kirsten again - as she complains to the Android Repairman about her phone…little does she know, our diligent repairman is on his way with a different package all together…what is it?

Yet another episode of the album released! This one revisits a familiar part of the town with a character we know, Kirsten. This time we hit the high streets of the abandoned towers of downtown - where anything goes, poverty is rampand the Android Repair Man is scouring for part.

I made this one in record time, about 2 weeks - so was a good one. The new rig I’m using to render on is working like a champ. I also added a bit of love into character animation, still albiet blockout, but it was fun! I want to learn more of that the more I do these. We now have 4 more episode before the real story is told.

Stills

Here are some stills:

7 Likes

Love the style, it seems like a ton of effort was put into it- the way light and shapes render is just so beautiful! Though I struggled with some of the more abstract landscapes, the light and dark balance reads super well in every shot and worldbuilding is immersive!!! Thank you so much for sharing this, it made my day!

1 Like

Such a beautiful comment! Thank you! Indeed landscapes is tricky, still learning on how to do it - these videos are quite short to hit the whole immersive idea, specially with such a scifi kind of world - that’s hard to recognize, but I’ll get there! I’m working another episode as we speak.

1 Like

I love your style, it is unique and relevant to the newest styles out there now, with your own unique flare of course. I would love to know more about your workflow, what you do to achieve these texture effects, and painterly scope. cheers

1 Like

Thank you very much. I wanted to hit exactly that, something new and interesting with my own flare, beautiful you see it! I am working on a presentation in the BCON about this project, so hopefully I can make the process digestible and easy to pick up atleast in theory! Stay super tuned for the end of the month.

Oh and side note, I recently finished episode 08, coming live soon.