Do you make your own textures?

Sorry to bring this back, but it is an interesting question, and I’m still interested in learning whether or not other people make their textures. I myself make all my textures from scratch, or modify someone elses unrecognizably to fit my needs espescially well. I use the GIMP nearly exclusively, the “Emboss” and “Unsharp Mask” filters are invaluable.

I make/modify my textures with the Gimp. It has an awesome plugin that makes textures seamless = )

Never versions of Photoshop have heal tool. I only use that tool to get rid of that in the middle.

Well really depends on how fast I need the project done by.
If I am working on a project and I have lots of time I would use PhotoShop And Basicly make my own Textures along with a Degital Camera. =)
I just take pictures of nice looking Pavement or bark whatever and edit em so they look like game textures.

But mainly I use already made textures either from other games that are downlaodable or I use just google.

AND REMEMBER KEEP ON BLENDERING BLENDER ARTISTS !!! :cool:

yeah time is a big contraint… and money (when doing commmercial work)… I prefer to make my own if there’s time… get good photoshop practice… I’ve developed some supa quick lean and mean ways of getting images to tile doing the bare minumum of work… also helps if you know your photography… ie taking pics on cloudy days and getting the exposure right… iether way you can’t relay on only finding or buying maps from other people… I like looking at other peoples map to learn from there technniqes.

Also having a good graphics tablet will SAVE you soooo much time… plus make your job easier… if you work professionally… I seriously recommend getting one… they are very expensive (well in South Africa… dunno bout rest of world)… but if your serious about it… you need one.

I used to just get photos from the internet and make them tilable, (using GIMP, of course :wink: ) but lately I’ve tended more towards painting my own from scratch. I still use photos in various blending modes to get some colour variations, and occasionally as the base for a texture, but mostly I just use photos for reference these days.

What plugin? Where?!?

I am dying to know about this!:smiley:

What do we use? What do you use for modeling, animation, lighting, and rendering? The answers are the same.

1 Like

Joe he means making the textures, you cant make textures from scratch in Blender.

what kind of software do AAA studios uses?
and how can i make my textures look more realistic
and wow man im here after 15years.
first comment after 15years.

everyone and their dog uses substance painter and substance designer.