Does Anyone Else Here Dream In 3D Creation Style?

DSaber: He studied lucid dreaming for 20 years, devoted his life to it, and created a company to help other reach lucid dreaming. It says he practiced so much, that after a while, he had up to 4 lucid dreams a night, and could have them at will. :smiley:

So far I have never gotton absolute full control over any dream, but if I could only become a master at it thereā€™s a chance the best things that ever happen in my life may be in bed.

I think a lot of people think the best things that happen in their lives happen in bed. :wink:

oh, thx lemmy, lol the best times of my life i hope will happen in bed :wink:

hhhmm well i know im dreaming i have no controll :frowning: and i dream im falling sometimes and it fills like i hit my bed when i wake up cause i jump or something i cant explaine .

I have many Dreams, But i dont like all of them :frowning: .
I Dream about programing and stuff on the pc sometimes yesā€¦

[quote=ā€œlemmyā€]

Why? Aerobic just means ā€œHeart Excerciseā€ That could mean: Running, doing some sort of sport, martial arts, anything that excercises large muscle groups for extended peroids of time.[/quote]

Ah, thatā€™s ok then. Itā€™s just when people generally talk about aerobics it means a bunch of women in groups stretching - fun to watch if theyā€™re hot but for a guy to be in amongst them itā€™s a bit odd. But sure, running and stuff is fine.

As for controlling dreams, is that better than spontaneous ones? I suppose it could be, like if you dream of a hot girl then a fat woman comes and sits on your face then if you were in control you could rectify the situation. I hate it when good dreams go bad. But I wonder if controlled dreams would be better - would you be able to dream the same odd things that make dreams interesting or would they be limited to your conscious imagination?

I mean, I can imagine a hot girl when Iā€™m awake but itā€™s not nearly as nice as when I dream about one when Iā€™m asleep because it feels like Iā€™m there. I wonder if lucid dreaming is the best of both worlds i.e. control + feeling of taking part or if itā€™s just like normal imagination but your not in full control because youā€™re too tired, meaning you end up dreaming about sitting in a car wash or something.

Guess Iā€™ll just have to try it and find out.

cool to see there are some other peeple here interested in lucid dreaming. :smiley:
as far as controlled dreams go, the way i understand it is that you control whether or not you become conscious in your dream, and controlling what the main subject is. In my experience when i become conscious in dreams the stuff around me and what goes on is still just crazy dream stuff, the main diff is that im aware and can change things or add things, but its kind of like forcing order on chaos, you may get a little island of order but your still surrounded by chaos if that makes any since.
anyway ive had a few 3d type dreams, the one i remember best looked like mario 64, only better textures :stuck_out_tongue:
almost forgot to mention, the mario 64 style dream turned into a lucid dream. :smiley:

I used to be able to control my dreams EVERY NIGHT when I was younger. Well, since I was like 12-15 when I could do it Iā€™m sure you all can guess what I would make myself dream about. Hahaha

Anyways, now I have to watch my dreams in 3rd person and I have no control. And it sucks.

I dream about programs a lot. Last night I saw a boy, about 13 who had a bad computer so he learned php and wrote lots of good stuff with it.

Since reading this topic I somehow became even more fasinated with lucid dreaming, how sweet it would be to control it and be able to dream the way youā€™ve always wanted to. As a matter of fact in one previous dream where I was right by a barn I actually said ā€œI must be dreamingā€ and thought iā€™ve finally got full control, only to see I havnā€™t quite gotton it and then I woke up.

I think my dream-ness comes in waves - sometimes the dream is totally real, then a little later it feels fake and falling apart - Iā€™m kind of waking up.
When itā€™s fake, I often realise that itā€™s a dream, but then I keep on messing it up by trying to control it right then, messing it up and waking. But if I wait too long then the dream takes over again and I forget itā€™s a dream.

Only once or twice in the last year or so have I managed to stay lucid for a while after the dream took over again, but I certainly had fun while that happened :smiley:

I have a book about ludid dreaming ā€¦ it teaches you how to do it ā€¦ the only problem is ā€¦ it didnā€™t work ā€¦ you need alot of dedication to really start to control it .I never succeededā€¦ only up untill a pointā€¦

The trick is to become conscious whilst dreaming ā€¦ then look for proof that you are dreaming and then you should become lucidā€¦

For example ā€¦ you dream that itā€™s night but you look at your watch and the time is 14:00ā€¦ how can it be night ? Somethingā€™s wrong here! YES I am dreamingā€¦ so then you should become lucidā€¦ hmmm never worked for meā€¦

md01

Thatā€™s what I was talking about, kinda. As I said, I find it much easier to recognise the dream if Iā€™m on the verge of waking up.

One think that helps is to have a quiet alarm - not quite loud enough to wake you up completely - when it goes off it breaks the dream up enough for me to get at least close to lucidity

In fact, I seem to remember that the last time I lucid dreamt, I slept through my alarm and was late for class :-?

Constantly do a ā€œreality checkā€ by checking words on objects, and re-checking them. In a dream, the words will change 75% of the time, the second time, and 95% of the time, the third time. Then you know itā€™s a dream! :smiley:

You know what, my dreams arent vivid enough to recognise objects, let alone make text on them change. I must dream in monotone or somthingā€¦

I canā€™t really understand how itā€™s possible to do because surely the element of control suggests that your body is functioning actively and that goes against the very nature of sleep. Do you still get a good nightā€™s rest if you are controlling a dream?

I could understand if you set your mind on a certain train of thought before you nod off and your mind can take over from that but to be in a state of constant control seems a bit impossible.

You still get your sleep because you dont control a dream from the moment you lay down to the moment you get up.

thanks to whoever pointed out that lucid dreaming websiteā€¦ I aught to check out some of this stuffā€¦ I used to have some awesome dreams

(even dreams of the future, and they were true too! :o ) but then I decided to not have dreams, as it seemed like they would never end, and I couldnā€™t control my dreams and I was unaware, so thatā€™s why I decided thatā€¦ maybe thatā€™ll change :slight_smile:

just maybe Iā€™ll dream up the ultimate blender code (even though I donā€™t know any code) and be awesome :smiley:

ahhā€¦ pardon my daydreaming :smiley:

You go do that, but donā€™t try typing the exact same thing in real life, thatā€™s one limit in dreams, things like information and how true they are depend on how much you already have naturally learned in real life.

Lol, i fall asleep at school sometimes. I Dream Odd things Then :slight_smile: