Does anyone have a working ATI OpenGL driver DLL?

i just thaught i should post this…
I have a ATI card, and blender is very slow, But i turn my screen into 16 BIT it works normal, annyone else noticed?

To solve the background image slowdown, I used the “old” OpenGL driver which comes with the omega. You can find them in “…\Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58\2KXP_INF\OGL-Old”. Just copy them into your Blender-dir.

which card do you have? pretty much all of the newer cards run the (bugfixed prerelase) blender well.

but that change applies to pretty much any not-great graphics card with performance problems

which card do you have? pretty much all of the newer cards run the (bugfixed prerelase) blender well.

but that change applies to pretty much any not-great graphics card with performance problems[/quote]
i got a RADEON 9800 SE.

but that change applies to pretty much any not-great graphics card with performance problems[/quote]
i got a RADEON 9800 SE.[/quote]
I have a radeon 9600SE which runs blender [cvs, and 2.23] just fine
[I even have the 4.6 catalyst drivers]

I have a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600XT 256 mb and after installing the 3d card and removing old nvidia drivers, the card worked fine, except in blender: when I start blender, you see the picture with version number etc until you move your mouse, but when I move my mouse, my mouse-pointer disappears and the complete pc freezes.

I dont know what catalyst is or what it does or where i can get it from so if anybody can help me out here, PLEASE DO.,…

Sander

roger - the “Catalyst” is in short is the name of the software suite that comes with the ati card -or downed from the ati web site - current version 4.9 as of yesterday; at least for my card.

the .dll trick works on my 7000VE. you need catalyst 3.9 for radeon7x00 series.

Yesterday I switched from the FreeFireGL softmod to the actual betadriver based on the upcoming (November) Catalyst 4.11. Until now I found no glitches. You can grab this driver directly from the ATI page. Just click on “driver hotfix”.

This driver also allows you to activate the new AI feature. There are different ways to activate it. The easiest way is to use the new CCC, or if you want the old CP you can add an entry to the registry. The procedure has been described on Rage3D.com.

I just got a computer with a RADEON X300 card and I am experiencing problems with the cursor and menu drawing, especially in edit mode. It’s like there is a box of grey around the cursor. I’ve never heard of this problem before, any ideas how to fix it.? Will the above methos solve it? Thanks for any help.

Hi ,
dont make experiments, just download this dll from

http://home.arcor.de/kobalt2k3/atioglxx.zip

Extract the zip and copy it to your Blender Dir where you have installed the blender.exe.
you will see it works perfectly.

Cheers Thuro

I tried it with Calalyst 4.11 from the ATI support site,
and it works extremely well. Now my ATI Radeon X800 Pro
is screaming, before I spent minutes waiting for the system
to respond.
Thank you guys for the tip!!!
Orbit

Hi Blenderists

I’ve got problme with blender->after rendering there is a problem with
Menu and with graphics in general.

But this solution (which i have quted) is not working for me.
PC:
Win98SE
Ati Radeon 9000Pro
256 MB Ram
Athlon XP 1800

Anyone can help?

well, can you explain the symptoms at least?

The symptoms are:

Always when I render , the menu become weird.Nothing works expect keyboard but i don’t see anything.The screen turns into black sometimes
or the render window render a part of the Blender-menu ,but when
i move with the rendered picture ,i can see real model rendered.

The biggest problem for me is that my computer doesn’t use atioglxx.dll.
I think it is because of Win98SE.Or i’m worng?

I think that the symptoms can be solved with driver from Catalist 3.9.
But the atioglxx.dll is not in my PC.I use Catalyst 4.19 or so.

Cheers

Hi !

I have a great problem with Blender 2.36. It crashes systematically at rendering when I use duplivert and particles objects wearing a NOR map texture.

Making dupliverted particle real avoid the crash, but don’t allow animation !

I haven’t encountered this before, withe other realeses of blender.

I’have suspected an Open GL problem, ant tried to load newer catalyst drivers without any result.

I have tried to place the atioglxx.dll file in the Blender main directory using the catalyst 3.9 version and others too, as described on this topic… no change.

I have 3 computers : one is a Pentium 4 2GHz with 1.5GB of RAM, running under Win XP home edition (SP1). Video card ATI Radeon 9000 family 64MB.

The two others are Pentiums 4 3GHZ with 2GB of RAM each, running under Win XP home edition (SP2). Video card ATI radeon 9250 128 MB.

The behaviour is the same on all the computers : crash with Blender 2.36 while rendering (sometimes at the start, sometimes at the middle of rendering).

I hope there is a solution, without changing my 3 video cards !

why would the gfx card affect rendering?

Hi!

Yes, I expected this answer.

I think that the Graphic card doesnt’ do anything for rendering, but while rendering, it displays the rendered image in the 3D window, or in the display window, and this may cause a crash… I 'm not sure!

Well I write here because I’m not sure of anything now!

The only thing I’m sure is : lender 2.36 crashes, and the previous versions don’t in the same situation !

Philippe.

I installed the atioglxx.dll into my blender directory and I still get draw errors. I am running an ATI Card, does anyone know what may be the problem?

draw errors?

artifacts under your cursor?

artifacts under menus?

what graphics card?
what version of windows?
have you tried 16 bit color?
tried latest drivers?

the big change people wanted to downgrade their drivers for was a slowdown after some time in edit mode… as in you do some action, and when you confirm it blender locks up for several seconds. Since this has been fixed on most computers in more recent versions of blender and/or in more recent versions of the ati drivers. For these reasons [and because that’s a pain] I’d suggest not downgrading your drivers in this manner…