Does anyone know how to change camera overlay color?

I’ve been trying to get a perfect white background for my rendered camera view. I need this to see how my scene looks against a white background in order to make lighting easier (so I won’t end up with a poorly lit scene).

I managed to change the checkered background color to white but I noticed that anytime I switch to camera view there’s a gray overlay around my scene and I don’t know how to change this.
Any ideas?

Firstly, welcome to the Blender community, @Ardrich! That is called the passepartout. You can lower the opacity by adjusting the Alpha setting in your camera object’s properties Passepartout panel. Here’s the manual page that talks about this feature: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/cameras.html#passepartout

But just so you know, the passepartout is masking the part of your scene that won’t be rendered by your camera. I’m not sure if it would help you more visually to make it completely transparent or make it completely opaque. Just play around with the setting to find what works best for you.

If you need more detailed instructions, please let me know.

1 Like

Glad to be here and thanks a lot for the solution!
This is exactly what I was looking for.

Awesome! I’m glad I could help you find your solution!