Does Blender use AI?

There was a Reddit post which gives a list of free Art software (which includes Blender) to refute AI Prompters’ claim that “Learning Art is too expensive and using AI is way cheaper”

An AI Prompter replied to that post:
“Just going to point out all those use a form of AI and Machine Learning Algorithms.”

What do you think? Does Blender use AI? I’m not a Programmer so I can’t look at the source code to argue with him.

Not really at least in a broad sense, I suppose path guiding could count as a very simple AI as it uses “training samples”.

I would venture to say that it probably will in some form in the future.

1 Like

My grammar police senses are tingling!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Here’s the discussion if anyone is interested (names are censored for privacy):

I made a grammatical mistake?

Sorry, please point out so I can fix, English is not my first language.

1 Like

Grammar, I probably did!

Back to the point I recall Ton talking about AI in the Blender conference (or maybe Blender today).

He is not against all AI, there is good and bad in everything, AItools could help UV unwrapping and many other tedious tasks.

1 Like

“A LUT uses AI.”

The guy in Reddit is just splitting hairs here and trying to be clever; mainly he’s just being insufferably pedantic.

The answer in the way society discusses AI at present, is that most of his points are incorrect.

2 Likes

I found one “Prompters’ claim” should be “Prompter’s claim”

1 Like

Found it! KEK

Screenshot 2024-03-26 095336

User Midphase gave us a hard puzzle.

Hehe I’m actually correct about the use of 's.
possessives - User’s Guide vs Users’ Guide - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

2 Likes

Generally I wouldn’t put much stock in contrarians trying to score cheap points in arguments on Reddit. Triply so in this case since their point is entirely nonsense.

P.S. notice how the comment saying these things use AI has -3 votes? Generally you should ignore any Reddit comment with negative votes. Once again, triply so here

1 Like

I actually reached out to him.

He had a misunderstanding, he thought “NO AI” part in the original post means “no AI used in Blender”, but it actually means something that I explained here.

Yea that dose look bad!

2 Likes