Does she look tall or short?

Off-handly, I would say tall. Thereā€™s some funkiness with proportions happening though. Your character is 7 heads tall, which is on the shorter side for a woman, just barely. Based on that alone, I would say your character is 5"5ā€™, but actually looking at her, I would say 6"0ā€™ā€¦ so Iā€™m not sure.

To me, the top half looks short, and then from around the belly button down, she looks tall.

1 Like

Tallā€¦ but with a large neck. The forearms and hands also seem a bit large to me. Something about the head feelsā€¦ baby/child, but I canā€™t figure out why.

1 Like

I agree with you both and I think the head is too big, itā€™s a seven head body but it doesnā€™t look like a seven head body

1 Like

To the OP: BTW, I have struggled with this as well, so please donā€™t take too harshly. My own character modeling had small (but significant) flaws that I couldnā€™t see myself, and only changed after someone else pointed them out.

The basics, on average, look fairly ā€˜normalā€™ - so i think itā€™s just going to take a few minor tweaks here and there.

1 Like

head looks too small proportionally. If the head were scaled up a bit, she would be quite short

Wellā€¦ i think the head should beā€¦ on a different place (and it less wide )ā€¦

1 Like

Are you trying to make a realistic or stylized character?

You should get yourself a reference image of correct proportions for the art style and put it on a plane behind the character to compare.

Just looking at the image, I get the sense that the torso is too small compared with everything else. This makes the arms look too separate from the body, like they are bulging out and it makes the hips look too small compared with the shoulders.

1 Like

The question was about being tall or short and no mentioning of the art styleā€¦ soā€¦ i thought: she might have a very short neckā€¦ and so th ebody lookedā€¦ ā€œoffā€ and yesā€¦ i did exactly thisā€¦ to check ā€¦

but i didnā€™t want to make remarks about some other body proportionsā€¦ becaus there was no info about:

ā€¦so as you might seeā€¦ the arms are (apart from a different angle) arenā€™t so badā€¦ the size of the hips ( or amount of hiop fat) also might be correct dependening on the age or art styleā€¦

I think the legs are tall the torso is short the arms are tall and the neck is short.

ok I was going to make a realistic body but i used my own style on the faceā€¦

what about now???
iā€™ve made the torso longer, the waist curve a little higher, the whole body smaller.
(sorry for my bad english)

For me, thatā€™s an improvement. I would decrease the neck width though. Still feels a bit oversized. (Or, I might be wrong here. When a character gets hair, suddenly the perceived things can change a bit.)

1 Like