Doesnt render material index pass or object pass with my own material! Help!!!

Hi. I was racking my brain why i cannot render material index pass or even object pass. I want to use ID mask in compositor. But when pass number chosen and everything set up correctly its still shows me everything black after F12, no white spot. I was trying everything and nothing worked until i deleted my own material for that object and used just new solid material with only white diffuse and everything worked… So its turns out that Blender doesnt want to render material pass because of my own material. What a hell???

Ok, guys. Its drives me crazy. Please take a look in what is going on and why i cannot get the material index pass rendered with this object. Will be very gratefull.

Your object is more or less completely transparent. You need to adjust the “Alpha Threshold” to tell Cycles which degree of transparency to still register in passes and which to ignore:

I’m not sure about the material index, but the object index wasn’t set, which is why that wasn’t showing.

@IkariShinji

Thanks a lot. Finally it works!!! Thats weird that i didnt notice or even heard about this possibility of adjusting alpha threshhold in Blender. Its very useful.

Thanks a lot. Finally it works!!! Thats weird that i didnt notice or even heard about this possibility of adjusting alpha threshhold in Blender. Its very useful.