Doom 3 has awsome graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the ghost town part from HL2 is MUCH scarier than Doom3. Those fast zombies… little bastard scare the hell outta you…

Ghost Town == Ravenholm.

My only complaints about HL2 were that the main NPCs like Alyx and Barney treated the situation they were in like it was a video game. There was no fear or anything. Add to that, they left you during the hardest parts of the game with a farewell like “well, hope you can make it through and stuff.” They really didn’t seem to care much about you.

The ending was also a little dissapointing and I wish they had set up a sequel in a more clever way.

Most kick-ass game you can buy though. At least if your an action genre freak.

Ya, I totally hated the ending. Worst. Ending. EVER.

ok i own both games an im gonna throw in a arguement breaker. Splinter Cell 3. Best graphics overall i’ve seen. some enemy texture issues but thats about it. has a great evolving story and quite unique gameplay. the animation is VERY life like. I recommend this to anyone that wants a break from these “shoot em up” games.

yeah… you played halo 2?

yeah… you played halo 2?[/quote]

Ya, but I never really liked its story anyway, so it didn’t bother me as much.

I’ve played both games (though I only own HL2), and found HL2’s gameplay to be superiour. Also, I don’t know if the source engine is superiour to d3’s or not, but it certainly /looks/ a lot nicer. Also, it will soon have HDR support! Yay!

i’ve seen and played HL2, Halo 2 and DOOM 3,

Dont forgot farcry, that has DOOM graphics, with HUGE seemless environments, and dense jungle

HL2 looks the best visually, however personally i think Resident Evil 4 beats them all out in terms of graphics

yea but as far as I know, resident evil is pre-rendered stuff…so it’s quite easy to get awesome graphic that way…

You should check out the video clips of HL2 with HDR, that is going to make games more interesting (and look better!). Of course unreal engine 3 does this too and makes me drool each time I see anything to do with it.

yea but as far as I know, resident evil is pre-rendered stuff…so it’s quite easy to get awesome graphic that way…

The others were but Resident Evil 4 is all real time and thats the RE He-blend was referring to.

Shard

D3s lighting system kicks ass in terms of life-like shadow casting and such. In HL2 the stenciled shadows never shift, no matter where the light source is from. BUT the Source engine is far less demanding and AFAIK, has way better MOD tools.

BTW, has anyone seen that new Mist mod for source? Looks interesting.