Doriflow 1.0 - Fluid simulation addon for Blender

We are pleased to announce the official release of Doriflow. After extensive development and valuable input from our beta testers, Doriflow is now available to the public.

Doriflow aims to enhance the Blender fluid simulation engine by providing users with greater control and access to advanced physics. Our goal is to contribute to the Blender community, making fluid simulations more accessible and precise.

For launching, we are offering a 30% discount for the first 20 purchases. Use the coupon code WELCOME30 at checkout to get this offer.

Visit www.doriflow.com to purchase Doriflow and begin your fluid simulation projects. Our user-friendly presets system ensures that you can run your first simulation with just a few clicks.

We value your feedback and would love to hear about your experiences with Doriflow. You can send your feedback to [email protected]

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing the innovative simulations you create with Doriflow.

Sincerely,

The Doriflow Team
www.doriflow.com

9 Likes

That looks VERY interesting.

1 Like

Congrats on the release! I am very happy to see any devs add more solver options to Blender, since the native situation is so dire these days.

I just nabbed myself a license, it is a steal at that price. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but I am very interested to see how the rigid and fluids interaction works. This is something that can’t be done with the flip fluids addon.

Are there any plans to add any other solver types like gas or grains in the future? Are you trying to make some sort of unified solver system here?

2 Likes

It’s PC only, no Mac? Simulation is CUDA only?

1 Like

Hi Sander,
Yes it is currently supporting the Windows operating system and CUDA 10.0 onwards, as specified at www.doriflow.com.

Hello, finally a fluid solver with floating objects. Wish there would be some more examples and use cases but otherwise it looks great.

EDIT: Just saw only credit card is accepted. Any plans for gumroad or blendermarket?

1 Like

Ah, too bad. I’m in need of liquid sim on Mac right now, it’ll have to be Flip Fluids then. I’m flooding historic sites to show what climate change means to cities :slight_smile: You have my money if you ever port Doriflow to Mac.

1 Like

Hi, yes I will certain set up more cases in the future, and looking forward to creative scene set up by user using fluid-solid interaction as well.
NB: I will check back the payment system to see if we can except wider range of payment types.
Thanks.

I see. The main reason we utilize CUDA is its powerful FLOPs count, and well-developed CUDA structure. And migration to Apple Metal structure is certainly possible, but it may loose the edge of GPU-powered fluid simulation. But I will keep this in mind :grin:

1 Like

I never heard of Doriflow to be honest but this looks great. Last time I played around with fluid sims I used the Blender internal system to build a waterfall for a project of mine. This was sheer terror in terms of the setup and it looked strange somehow. I could not find the right settings to make it look good. Maybe this will change with Doriflow. I’ll definitely check out the demo. ^^

1 Like

Of course! See what makes business sense to you. I know there are less Mac users doing 3D, but they are more likely to splurge for extras. I’ve heard about that in other markets too, like AfterEffects plugins.

The M4 packs some very serious Tflops. It’s brand new and only in iPads right now, the Pro, Max and Ultra will match the cheaper 40xx and are expected later this year.

1 Like

Me too, I just wish for once it would be for Cloth and/or Hair, instead it’s always fluid/smoke. Something I may well need or want in the future, but I’d kill for a good Cloth/Hair simulation addon.

2 Likes