Double Sided Faces?

Hello people!
I am making like a mesh of an airship thing, and I was using the tool that creates new faces, I don’t know what its called, but you use it by pressing “f”. Anyway, the faces that I created must have been facing the wrong way, because when I go into texture paint mode, I can’t see them from the outside, just the inside. To fix this, I have heard that the Texture Face Panel is where I can change it so that the face can be seen from both sides, but I can’t actually find where this is! Someone else on the forum said “go into edit mode” and another person said "you have to be in the “blender game” setting, not the “blender render” setting. So now I have done both these things, but I still don’t know where this thing is. Some people seem to have another thing next to Render, scene, world, object, and all those things, but I can’t see it. I am using blender 2.63.

Anyway, the faces that I created must have been facing the wrong way, because when I go into texture paint mode, I can’t see them from the outside, just the inside.
Why not just fix the real problem of faces pointing inwards instead of outwards.
You can get blender to recalculate the face normals by first removing any double vertices (select all vertices and W / remove doubles), then with all faces selected use Ctrl+N. If any particular faces are still pointing the wrong way, select them and W / flip faces.

You can turn on the display of the face normals in the properties panel (N) under the Display settings while in edit mode.

Thank you so much! It worked! I’m amazed! Nothing that I do ever works, but this does! Yay!