DR-14 a Sphere Robot

my project a couple of months ago. The idea is to create a transformable robot from the basic shape. In this project, I use a sphere as a base.

It was a fun project. I challenged my self to create believable movements for the robot. I also tried to achieve as realistic as possible render using Eevee.

Texturing done using Substance Painter.

43 Likes

This looks really good, the animations are very dynamic and interesting, you’ve done a great job not having any dead space in your animation- rather, the whole animation is fluid and lifelike. Nice job on the texturing as well, you’ve done a great job making realistic materials appear very visually interesting. I would love to learn more about how you rigged this and get a glimpse at your graph editor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Unfortunately, my HDD is dead. And the blend file is stored there :sob: :sob: . I was careless and didn’t back up the file to the cloud. But here is what I’ve found in my flashdisk.

I compressed the video so I can directly post it to the reply section.

basically, the rigging is very simple. I only use basic IK for all of the legs. :smiley:

10 Likes

Woah, incredible job on the animation! So much personality!

so cool :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

thank you :smiley:

1 Like

This is a really cute design, a really well made robot, the video where it moves around and transforms shows that you’re not only extremely talented with modeling but also animation! The movements are sudden and jolty, and the transformation is as smooth as butter! I love the secondary video you posted showing it in object mode with wireframe, your geometry is very friendly and looks nice to work with, you did INSANELY good!

1 Like

thank you so much :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

thanks, such an honor :smiley:

That sucks, but don’t give up. Unless the drive is totally dead there may be some way to recover the files yourself. I’ve noticed that sometimes a different OS (well, usually Linux on a USB drive) is able to read files that Windows can’t when things go awry. At the very least, you were able to post your work here before you lost it.

Really nice design and I love the animation, btw!

3 Likes

I’ve tried my best to recover but the HDD is totally dead. The plate didn’t want to spin anymore. I have a backup for the render result also the video because previously I posted it on Instagram. But, the blend file is gone with the broken HDD. :sob: :sob:

Thanks, btw.