Dragon Paw

The gold and silver materials I created by accident. Why ist it, that when I whant to create a silver or gold material, I’m not able to?
Whatever. How do you like it?

The second pics colors are more what I was intending.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent those steps (or artefacts? or what do you call it?) on the floor?

Attachments

i dunno but to me for some reason it looks very skiny… the area above the actual claws… its like the dragon has no muscles in his paws…

What are you talking about? I’d like to help you but i have no idea what you mean. Please clarify = )

I didn’t like the silver material, but the gold material looks fine to me. I think it would be nice if you make it a bit shinier though. I’m not sure what you mean by the steps on the floor. If you mean the reflection you can remove it by turning the “Ray Mirror” button off in the material settings.

You might want to curve the claws down a little.

Whatever you do you should try to avoid making them too dog-like (which these are decently far from).

Here I marked what I mean:

The artifact phenomena is called “banding”. Experiment with the dither value
in the Scene(F10) panel under the Output rollout (bottom right of the rollout).

Also, look up in the manual under Ambient Occlusion. Could really inprove this
image if you used that.

It looks good!
//Mathias

Thanks for the tipp.
The ditter alone had absolutly no effect. Now I try to ajust the ambient occlusion settings.

Ok, with AO I get only ditter over the paw, not over the floor (see attached image). What do I make wrong?

Edit:

Strange thing. In blenders render-window it dosn’t look like the png. The png is much more dittered.

Attachments

panzi,
Try subdividing the floor plane a bit. I think that might help with the dithering.

Ah, thanks. Will try that. For now its only a single quad. I didn’t now that this could possible affect th edittering.

No, that didn’t help either.

I made a 1sec tracking shot of the paw to see the color-band effect.

paw.mp4 113KB mp4 + h264

This should be playable with mplayer, vlc, xine and all somewhat good movieplayers.