Drawbridge environment artwork

Hi!

I just finished this artwork and wanted to share it. Any feedback is of course appreciated.

Artstation link here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PAxdZ

Enjoy!

45 Likes

this is very impressive i really like it
the sun light is the most capturing thin in this scene, it really looks real to me
nice work
is it just HDRI or a lamp that cast this light

1 Like

Thanks!

It is an hdri and on top of that I added the sun beam node in the compositor afterwards and toned it down to just barely show from the same direction as the light in the hdri. Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

alot , its just look like a movie scene with all the details

1 Like

Impressive indeed. If you want to focus on the drawbridge, as the title suggests, it should be more more to the centre and maybe a big closer to the camera, but I definitely like the environment.

2 Likes

Beautiful work

1 Like

Well done! Did you model it all by yourself? How about a mechanism for the drawbridge? It looks like it has now way of being lifted.

1 Like

hotzst:
The original artwork is called “drawbridge” I think, so I just kept the name. But I agree, the bridge is not the center of attention realy, it is just kinda there.

Oskar-A:
you are right! I forgot to add that. it is really just a chain with a handle from where the two bars connect that is missing but still!

thanks all for your kind words and the feedback I got so far!

1 Like

Brilliant! This is quality work. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Annnnd… #featured!

wow, didn’t expect that! thanks for the encouragement!

2 Likes

Why not? It’s really nice composition and looks like a lot of work went into it.

1 Like

Awesome.
What I do notice is the mill stone in front could be rotated a bit so the square hole is not so straight. Seem unlikely to me to be lying like that in the real world…

…unless it was put there for the painting (like they do with car wheels) :slight_smile:

I like this one

Yes, a lot of work went into it and I am very happy with the result. I just did not consider getting featured as something that could happen.

the full post I wanted to add is below, I just suck at this forums functions still ^^

Yes, a lot of work went into it and I am very happy with the result. I just did not consider getting featured as something that could happen.

Honestly, I did not even know what it was. I just made it because it was in the main reference image I chose^^

Hi! i like it too! … if i may, there’s a bit of wow ‘Stormwind’ , in my opinion …

1 Like

Haha, they are mill stones to make flour: http://www.deltamill.org/flour/grinding.html

1 Like

Absolutly beautiful. In the right way of the dutch painters of the 17th century. your vision brings a new perspective on how to use light in these landscapes, often with several light sources as the great Dutch painters, these absolute masters of illusion, did.
Very great work.

If I may be so critical: Its too dry where the waterside meets the water. There’s always small waves hitting the waterside. As can be seen on this photo:
Groningen

:duck:

2 Likes