Dream Constellation v2

Hello! \(^▽^)/

This is the second take on my old scene in Blender. Fanart based on webtoon Dream Constellation by Livys. I wanted to update commission to my current liking :>
I see that my style is changed and thought it’s a good thing. But my friends choosing the first scene over new version ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ ohoh
What about you? Why would you prefer one? Please, I’m really curious! :white_heart:

9 Likes

Both images have their charms, but they definitely have a different feel. In isolation both are quite good, looked at together, overall the old one is perhaps more effective due to lighting and composition.

Your use of color has improved on the new one, as have the characters, but the the moodier high contrast of lighting on the old one feels more effective in the context of this image. The new lighting is definitely good, but for this particular image, maybe less effective. Also, on the original, the “magic” effects looked more like magic, whereas in the new one aside from the floating droplets, the magic almost looks more like the book has stuff in it.

But she’s more expressive in the new image, which is probably appropriate to the situation.

1 Like

WoW Thank you for explainig so well! ヽ(o^▽^o)ノ
I thought I was really dramatic with the lite on old work ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you! ☆ ~('▽^人)

1 Like