Dream Worlds

After seeing some of the pics in the weekend challenge I thought of something. I was wondering is other people here have these dream/fantasy worlds in their heads that they see. I have a whole world in my head at night, it’s get’s pretty neat.

Maybe we could each model a dream world and then compare, to see maybe if there is a distinct similarity between people with like interests and comparable intelligence. I’m betting that a majority of us would have quite complex involved dream worlds.

This could be very intersting I think ! :wink:

I think you should stop eating those mushrooms from the top of your garden! :wink:

acasto, we’ve talked bout our dream worlds before =) ive been working on mine for a few months now =) u know, here and there…its coming out great…all my ideas are spawned from here…i just go explore my jungle and draw what i see…very intense…my home cave plateua thing stays the same in my world, but the junngle across the waterfall cahnges each day :wink:
ill post it if i ever finish 8)

Why is it that it is so easy to see it in your head, but then when you go to model it, you have no idea where to start?

I rarely wake up from my dreams and remember what happened. How about making a scene form “Waking Life,” such as the self-burning scene or the soap-opera girl or the guy on a pole?

[edit] Those aren’t parts of my dreams, but what the heck? They were the main character’s dreams! Or scenes from “Yume” or something? [edit]

Dang, that would be cool, but it would take forever to model mine.

hehe I’ve been building it in my head for years, about 20 or so.

because you have to structure the work process, because you need high skills and a lot of practise? a lot of experience? discipline? endurance?..

try to divide such a thing into big parts of work. write it all down. sort them. subdivide them. sort those. subdivide further. sort this but keep the big order. when you have tiny small bits of work, single tasks, you can start to do them, bit by bit.

If you are disciplined, it works well

HH

@haunt_house: I understand that, but it is more than that. When you think about a dream, you see the image perfectly, but when it comes to details, you just don’t know. I think your imagination may superimpose the details on the whole picture, adn when you ‘zoom’ in on the details, they are no more than a figment of your imagination, which you don’t remeber. So really they don’t exsist even more than the origional dream. For instance, you can see a house in a dream, you see a little yard and driveway… but what color is the house, and what kind’ve siding does it have? Then you just assume, and fill in the blanks, but then you feel weird about it because you know it isn’t really right. Then you get fresutracted and start over only to never get if finished.

Does anyone get what I’m talking about ?

sleep really deep and then let someone violently wake you at the time of rapid eye movement. Prepare a microphone and a tape recorder. There are also techniques (never tried it) to get more awareness in your dream and finally even manipulate it.

And I don´t know if it is important to exactly copy your dream. It is much more interesting to free ones own creativity, so you can substitute the details without pain.

HH

Well, all my images in my gallery are more or less based on dreams. My dreams are generally not very pleasant. Anyone suffer from chronic sleep paralysis? Reall fun stuff, dreams turning into vivid hallucinations…

haunt_house, to me it is important to get it correct. My dream world is my favorite place to be, and I don’t want to dissapoint myself by making a modle that isn’t up to par. As for the violent waking thing, I remember my dreams perfectly, and I like to stay in them as long as possible because they are my escape. I think even if you did wake up, then record what you remember, that finite details would still escape you, such as color, or the size of the gravel on the road, or exactly what kind’ve tree or flower, etc.

sorry, can´t help you. I rather put my energy into changing my life.

I am not very good at it right now and I am definitely not happy.

who cares.

today I managed to get my fat ass to 25 minutes of jogging. all by myself. A major success. No dream world can substitue the loss of 20 pounds overweight. HA

I do not have a dream world. maybe that means that I will never do such a great movie like the fifth element, but again

who cares.

I will do Miyazaki movies (maybe)

HH

I need to start running again. When I was in cross-country a few years back we would run six miles a day. That and swimming, the dream world though is more than just another place, it is a place that has the same elements and feeling as this one, but the mystery and resolve of a fantasy. Think of something like vising the pyramids, or the enka shrines, it seems all mysterious and fantasy like, until you see them and it’s a big pile of rocks.

there is just very little in the world today that has that edge, that mystery that I think a lot of us desires but misses.

If the world has lost it’s mystery and edge, then you have forgotten how to look at the world and see it. Spend some time with young children (under 5 years), rather quickly they can teach you how to see all the mystery and magic that surrounds all of us.

I’m lucky, my nine year old still hasn’t grown out of that stage and I hope she never does. She has helped me strengthen my ability to see magic all around me.

I would like to go to an abandoned military base and sneak around

Imagination, YES, the fountain of many a good idea. Imagination is also, according to many, the key to personal and professional achievement. Some people just seem to have heaps of imagination, some get it through drugs (not endorsed), religion (also not endorsed), exposure to many varieties of culture, art, music, fiction, prose, the sciences or simply people with diverse opinions. Dreams are also often quoted as being the source for inspiration and insight. Problem with dreams are they appear random and difficult to remember. Keeping a notepad and pen by the bed can help or focusing on a particular subject as you are falling asleep. But have you ever experience “active” dreaming where you realise you are dreaming and can control it? Usually you glimpse this state as you are falling asleep or just waking up (before the real world forces itself upon you). I was interested in this a long time ago and read books on Buddhism and meditation to see if it could be controlled. I had some success but it gets more difficult as you get older. I think the key is, well, establishing a “key” or symbol such that when it occurs in a dream your consciousness is aroused just enough to let you know you are dreaming. Meditation just seems to help. Alternatively, use meditation simply to clear your mind and then to let it drift. There does not need to be any chanting or other stuff involved. Maybe you have a regular train/bus journey to work/school? Use the time by closing your eyes and concentrating on NOT thinking. Tricky part is not falling asleep and missing your stop! Lastly, imagination (and the mind itself) should be treated like a muscle and exercised regularly so that it’s ready as and when required.

PS: regular exercise is suppose to help by getting rid of toxins in the body that make us feel crap, but I wouldn’t know :slight_smile:

(end of sermon, amen)

youre all talking about dreams… what about meditation??? with practice can become just as deep as dreams only now u have control and consciousness, and u can learn alot more stuff, and see details in everything around u… screw dreams, theyre to hard to become consicous in them, and then, if u know its a dream, couldnt that be part of the dream?? try meditating, better results =D

or try conscious day dreaming. Been doing it for years. When I’m wound up about something I visualize through it, changing things until I find a resoulution to my dilema or manage to cheer myself up. I’ve done it for so long that I can see all the details as clearing as walking through the real world.

(Depending on the mood I’m in it can also be very entertaining)

In “Waking Life,” they discuss lucid dreaming where you’re in total control of what’s happening. Try lucid modelling! (You won’t be able to adjust the lamps though.)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

STAR WARS