Dress crumples and tuns into a bunch of triangles when cloth sim

Making a Character with a Cloth Sim,I parented the Dress to the rig in Empty Groups then has a Data Transfer Modifier with the source as the Body of the character. It moves with the character but the Dress deforms in a way that doesnt look like a Cloth(I already have an extremely high poly count for the Dress so I dont understand why its not stretching correctly), I also checked if the Dress touches the Body but it doesnt. The Body is the collision and the Dress has the cloth sim

But my main problem is that when I play the Anim Player the dress seems to collapse on itself and then turn into a bunch of triangles

here is the Blend file, Ive just started out in blender for a school project so im not entirely familiar with how it works, i would appreciate the help

Just starting with Blender and jumping into Cloth Sim maybe isn’t the best idea, but I have a video that may help with some general ideas and concepts.

Having said that, the cloth system in Blender is more or less a decade old and can be very picky and takes ages to bake and test anything. I assume you have the sim all baked first, otherwise playback is going to be a problem.

Also, as per the video, take special note of the order of the modifiers, it can matter a lot for sims/animation.

1 Like

You need to allow access to the file, select File, and then share it, with anyone with the link…then give us the Link, not the login page…

1 Like

There is also “the trick” to make everything at least 10x bigger… because the simulation works better then…

1 Like

I’ve changed it now!! thanks for telling me

The video was great!! The scaling was the problem, TYSM FOR HELPING ME!!

This was straighforward and WORKED, TYSM I RLLY APRECIATE IT

1 Like

No problem, best of luck.