Drone in forest animation plus a techniques demo video :)

Hi everyone. I’m loving Blender! I just made this short animation of a drone flying through a forest:

I didn’t model the drone but I made the camera and drone animation along with the environment with GeoScatter and The Grove addons :slight_smile:

Here is a video showing the techniques I use to temporally denoise and upscale my animations:

Total render time was roughly 10.5 hours on ASUS Strix RTX 3090 GPU using around 4.3GB of VRAM :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It looks really good. And the realism is pretty convincing. The video really deserves sound with how great quality it is. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! So I was playing in Blender’s compositor tonight. While I used paid tools like Dehancer Pro and a glow effect in Davinci Resolve Studio for lightwrap / highlight bloom for this animation, all this can be achieved in Blender’s compositor of course! In Blender’s compositor, the Lens Distortion node can be used to add a little dispersion / chromatic aberration type affect along with some lens distortion. The Glare node can handle the highlight bloom. Also, I realize that the denoising depth pass of the “denoising data” is basically anti aliased (by means of being sampled at more than just once per pixel like a regular zdepth pass). However it’s done, the denoising depth pass is now my preferred instead of zdepth. Also I didn’t say in the video, but you may notice on the composite that the fog look in the distance result was added into the “image” input of the denoising node, and everything worked just fine. It was fun to make this animation :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are a true Blender enthusiast. :grinning: The Blender compositor has so much to offer. So much that I have not yet explored. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

There’s always so much we don’t know! Keep learning, and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you very much for featuring me! I’m excited to make even better animations in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like